Wednesday, December 1, 2010

J-Pop is terrible

Most of it anyway. Although, I think Pop as a whole, is terrible. It died somewhere in the 80's. Regardless, J-pop is completely uninspiring. Before I came to Japan, I saw it as something funny and unique to the country, nothing that I thought would annoy me. Since living here, my opinion has changed drastically and I can hardly tolerate it.
It's became a nuisance to my ears and eyes. Everywhere I turn, there is some stupid J-Pop group starring back at me. It's either effeminate men trying to get me to drink light beer or wear eye liner. To disgustingly cute females who have the IQ of Arnie from 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?'.


You think I'm kidding don't you?


I've came to the conclusion that these 'artists' exist for the same corporate reasons pop stars exist back in the US. To make money beyond music. The companies must own the rights to these people because their faces are on every stupid item you could buy.

I guess maybe my biggest complaint is the lack of poppiness and catchiness some of these bands have. Most notably the girl groups. They all have the same limited vocal range, in the same key, no harmonies, rarely any solos, duets, etc... Multiple parts hardly exist either. It's hard for me to listen to.


The entire group reminds me of 'the guitar army' from Idiocracy.


Such a stupid concept.



1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing hysterically that you only mentioned Japanese 'idols' in this post.

    ReplyDelete