Wednesday, March 16, 2011

地震

This past week has been of the most trying times in my life. I have been doing daily updates (on youtube) since the first big hit of the 8.9. I feel like I am slowly breaking down mentally. Had I been closer to the epicenter, I think I would be a mess. Some of my teachers have family up in Sendai. It's hard to imagine what they're going through. The other day when I was going to the super market, to get what ever amount of food I could find. I saw a lady broken down on the side of the side walk. She was crying. I've found myself in this situation countless times the past few days.

With the nuclear situation uncertain, I've become a little more distraught. I'm no where near the plant but I'm close. I don't like the thought of leaving Japan. For now, I've decided to head to S. Korea. Right now I'm trying to figure out the logistics and will keep you posted.

Thanks to anyone for your concern and help! I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. The last word I heard was the US is asking all americans to evacuate if they are within a 80 km distance. As you are not very much farther than that, I'm sure if you contact the US embassy they will help with logistics, if you need logistical help that is. Praying for you! They usually rock at that stuff.
    -T

    ReplyDelete